Instant Keyword Research for Amazon, available in the Semrush App Center, is a free app that helps you optimize your Amazon product listings to beat your competition.
With it, you can quickly identify your top Amazon competitors’ best performing keywords and incorporate those keywords into your Amazon SEO strategy.
Instant Keyword Research for Amazon enables you to:
- Find more relevant keywords through competitive research
- Analyze keyword search volume and competition
- Compare your top competitors’ organic search positions by keyword
- Export keywords to the Keyword Manager for Amazon app or download them as a .csv file
Instant Keyword Research for Amazon currently supports the Amazon U.S. Marketplace.
How Instant Keyword Research for Amazon Can Help You
Instant Keyword Research for Amazon helps you improve your Amazon SEO through competitive insights. Specifically, the app tells you the top overlapping keywords your competitors rank for. It also provides metrics for each keyword so you can more effectively target them.
Instant Keyword Research for Amazon also finds higher quality keywords more quickly, sharpening your keyword research process. How so? Because it finds keywords that your top competitors already use to deliver results.
Not familiar with Amazon SEO?
Amazon SEO is the process of optimizing your product listings so they perform better in Amazon search results.
By improving your Amazon SEO, you can:
- Appear higher in Amazon search results
- Increase your visibility on Amazon
- Increase your odds of winning a badge like Amazon’s Choice
- Attract more customers to your product listings or brand page
- Boost your sales
Instant Keyword Research for Amazon is completely free, with no limitations on how many searches you can make every day. However, to access it, you’ll first need to register for a Semrush account.
How To Use Instant Keyword Research for Amazon
Step 1: Start Your Search
First, open the app.
You’ll see a search bar in the middle of the main page.
Start your search here by entering your main target keyword into the search bar. Generally, this is the type of product you’re selling (like "headphones"). Then click "Proceed."
Step 2: Choose Your Competitors
Next, choose up to 10 competitor product pages you want to analyze by clicking the check boxes in the far left column. Then click "Get top keywords."
If you need to analyze different competitors later, you can return to this screen by clicking the “Change competitors” button in the top right corner of the results page.
To help you choose more effectively, the app tells you each competitor’s:
- Average organic position in Amazon.com search results over the previous calendar month
- Product title and thumbnail
- Badges won (if any)
All of this information comes from the Search Insights for Amazon app, which is also available in the Semrush App Center.
If you want to learn more about one competitor, click the magnifying glass icon to its right. This will open that product’s page in Search Insights for Amazon in a new tab.
For more information about Search Insights for Amazon, read its Knowledge Base article.
Step 3: Analyze Your Results
Next, the app will show your selected competitors’ top-performing related keywords.
You can expand or narrow your search using three filters:
- Keyword overlap: Shows only keywords with overlap from the specified number of competitors. For example, “from 2” would limit your list to keywords that 2 or more competitors rank for.
- Organic position: The range of organic positions to consider. In other words, selecting a range of 1-30 would generate a list of keywords where your competitors rank up to position 30 on Amazon.
- Volume: The estimated number of monthly searches on Amazon for a given keyword. In other words, a range of 100+ would include keywords with at least 100 monthly searches, whereas selecting “10,000 to 100,000” would limit the keyword list to only the ones that fall in that range.
Once you’re happy with your search settings, analyze your results to find keywords you want to target.
Your keywords are shown in a table.
The leftmost column shows the keyword itself. To learn more about that keyword, click on the eye icon to open Keyword Wizard for Amazon, a keyword research app with a database of more than 200 million keywords searched on Amazon.com.
To the right of the keyword column, you’ll find related Amazon search data.
Keyword data includes:
- Volume: The estimated number of searches for this keyword on Amazon.com per month
- Competitors: The total number of competing products that show on Amazon when you search for that keyword
- Average Organic Position: The average search ranking for all selected competitors for that keyword
Competitors’ Organic Position: Each competitor product’s average ranking for a given keyword over the previous calendar month. Competitors are shown by ASIN number. To see the product name, hover your cursor over the ASIN in question, or click the magnifying glass icon to analyze it in Search Insights for Amazon.
To sort keywords by volume, competitors, or average organic position, just click on the appropriate column header.
Step 4: Export Your Keywords
Save keywords for later by exporting the keywords you want to target! For this, you have three options:
- Copy and paste
- Send to the Keyword Manager for Amazon app
- Export to a .csv file
First, select the keywords you want to export by clicking the check box to the left of the keyword column. To select all, click the box in the column header.
To copy your selected keywords and paste them into a new document, click on the “Copy to clipboard” link above the keyword column.
Please note that this will copy only the keywords, and not the keyword data.
To send your selected keywords to the Keyword Manager for Amazon app, click the button in the top right corner.
To learn more about how to use Keyword Manager for Amazon, please refer to its Knowledge Base article.
Finally, to download your keywords and data to a CSV, click “Export.”
To download your entire list, click “all.” To download only the ones you choose, click “selected.” Then click “Export to CSV” to download.
If you have any questions about the Instant Keyword Research for Amazon app, please email us directly at email@example.com.